Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day One

Day One

Ok, so I'm new to blogging, but I'm ready to give it a shot! I hope you'll follow me on my journey to becoming "1 Healthy Mama!" Don't get me wrong, I'm not really super unhealthy. I try to eat pretty good and I serve a vegetable with our meals, which I force my kids to eat. I usually try to drink only one cup of coffee a day, from Starbucks, and I usually only have a beer with dinner, expect for the weekends of course. I mean I have two kids, I gotta have some fun, right!? But, I really didn't pay much attention to eating organic/healthy foods. Really the only organic food we have is organic milk for my girls.We eat lots of fruit and I make sure they get their whole grains. It's the vegetables that are tricky around here. I'm sure many mamas can relate to this, at least I hope I'm not alone with the nightly ritual of, "We'll sit here for as long as it takes..." I started exercising more this summer and love the energy it gives me and how good I feel after doing something just for me! It's my hour of peace and quiet, I love it!!

But, first let me back up and tell you about who I am...

I am 33 years old and am married to the love of my life. We've been married for 9 beautiful years. He is really on board with getting healthier and has started doing Cross Fit this year. He's been doing amazing and is my inspiration for getting healthier myself. We have two little girls, 4 and 3. They are my energetic, beautiful, crazy babies! I want to set the best example of being healthy and living life to the fullest for my girlies. I am the luckiest mama in the world to be their mom! I am also a teacher and have been for the last 10 years. I love teaching and working with my students! I think setting an example of being healthy and making healthy choices is a great way to be a positive role model for my students!

So, I was thinking I would post about the food I'm trying, the workouts I am attempting and how things are going at home with helping my girlies make healthy and active life choices. I hope you'll join me on my blogging adventure to become "1 Healthy Mama!"



No comments:

Post a Comment